Tuesday, December 13, 2011

iPad 2 for Christmas

I am the kind of person who does not really expect any gift during the Christmas season. Why so? I grew up in a poor family where Christmas is celebrated by going to the church and munching pansit and siopao during the Noche Buena. Christmas presents were rare and often not expected.

But I remember one Christmas day when my parents gave me a red plastic toy car. My first ever Christmas gift way back my elementary years. After that, I don't remember receiving anything but there was no qualms or complaints. After all, everyone in the family did not expect anything at all.

Now, the breeze of Christmas is starting to tell me that the day is fast approaching. Some of my Facebook friends have already posted in their statuses the gifts they have received this early. Good for them. But no complaints on my side. As I've said, ever since, I have not been expecting anything during Christmas because I'm used to not receiving material gifts although I find comfort in the fact that the Lord has been giving me and my family good health all year round, which is, I believe, the best give one can ever have in this lifetime.

Merry Christmas in advance everyone. And as I've said, I am not expecting anything during the seasons but if you will insist, I'd love to have an iPad 2. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment