Saturday, November 19, 2011

Romancing Nokia


I have always been a Nokia lover. My first phone, way back in 2000, was a Nokia 5110. Remember the bulky black phone with antenna that resembled that of a wireless PLDT telephone? Yes, that was my first phone. And way back then, it was considered a luxury. Imagine buying 5110 for P12,000? Today, I don't think anyone would be interested to buy the said unit even for less than P500.

After two years, I decided to change my phone and bought a Nokia 3310 for P16,000. During those years, people were not scared to flaunt their mobile phones even inside a crowded PUJ or while walking in Colon Street because snatchers didn't know they can make money stealing mobile phones. I have never lost a cellphone to a thief though.

Then came Nokia Communicator, Nokia 3610(?), a couple of Nokia Phones, until it came a time when I had to decided whether to get the Nokia E71 or a Blackberry Phone. The price range was almost the same and I had to cross two stores several times just to decide on what to buy. I settle for the E71 and I never had any regrets whatsover.

The phone I have now is almost a year old and it still functions like brand new - everything functions seamlessly and the unit still looks very elegant even with the new models of Nokia and other mobile brands that are now available in the market.

December is fast approaching and I am again torn between Nokia and Blackberry. What should I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment